Taking the stage

Sunday, November 1, 2009



A friend of mine introduced me to The Moth recently. Well, I think either you have known about The Moth for ages, or you've never heard of it before. I obviously belonged to the latter.



The success of The Moth is one example of the phenomenon of storytelling that is gaining momentum nationwide. In The Moth’s case, these narrative sessions are fast becoming an institution.
- The New York Times

I've had this idea for a while now, but since I started listening to the Moth's podcast, my mind began working harder on it...



It could be something like a UX version of The Moth. The UX Moth, so to speak. UX Storytellers on stage.



I imagine climbing onto the stage of a dusty backyard theatre here in Berlin. Though the theatre is small, my friends and I don't manage to even half fill it. But hey, who cares?



We are having fun taking the stage one after another. Telling our UX stories to one another. Drinking beer. Having a ball.



Oh, I think this could be a great event... but first things first.



First we need to get all your stories - and then... well, like Einstein said:
"...the rest are details."

About This Blog

This blog is a companion to the UX Storytellers project. You will find everything that's currently going on, what has happened so far and what is planned for the future.

Learn through storytelling

The best way to learn is through listening to stories. The best way to teach is through telling stories. Are you a UX Expert with stories to tell? We would love to hear your story.

Famous Quotes

The universe is made of stories, not atoms.
Muriel Rukeyser

There have been great societies that did not use the wheel, but there have been no societies that did not tell stories. Ursula K. LeGuin